My lovely Blogger followers!

Sunday 30 December 2012

More info on my new light box and a birthday card for my MIL

Happy Sunday all!  A few of you asked about the make of my light box (see yesterday's post) and it is Shenzhen Sanoto Technology - you can only order it direct from the supplier based in China.  It takes about 10-14 days delivery and comes in different sizes.  My husband had a very good experience with them.  I got the MK40 (mid sized) US$125 (about £78) but if you can get the smaller one MK30 for US$89 (about £55) and it should be fine if you're just photographing cards.  The shipping is free too.  I will take a photo of my next card using my old fabric box and the new one so you can see the difference.

I'm here today with my Bellarific Babe card and today I've got a card using Addy 'tude Loves to Sparkle...




I have a lot of birthday cards to make for January - April is obviously a randy month for many, lol!!  This will go to my mother-in-law who is used to dressing up and going to posh parties!  I used papers from the My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Ginger collection and the sentiment is from the Uptown Girl Posh Has a Present set (love that font!).  I used the Lil' Inker Designs Mini Bow Tie die (again!) and the October Sketch For You to Try for my layout.  I am entering this into the Simon Says Stamps challenge of anything goes.

You've still got time to play the current Bellarific Tuesday challenge starting over at SplitcoastStampers "White Space - create a CAS card with plenty of white space".
 
Thanks for visiting and I'll see you tomorrow with the start of the All That Scraps January previews!


 




30 comments:

eva said...

thanks for the info! i was wondering too! wonderful card!

Michelle said...

this is gorgeous Mary! I love this layout (will have to remember this one) Pretty papers and you have coloured to co-ordinate beautifully.

Michelle :o)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Its fabulous Mary J, love how you have done the double fish tail over the papers it looks really effective! What a cute image too and the papers are fab! xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Mary J. I love the image, wonderful colours and such a fabulous layout too.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card, lovely image and gorgeous colours..
Thanks for the info on your light box...

Anne

Gretchen said...

Gorgeous card Mary. So bright and fresh.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So pretty! Love the gorgeous colours.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is totally fabulous Mary, I love it! I think I need one of those light boxes too...am grovelling to hubby as we speak, LOL!! Thanks for the link!
Helen x

Shirley-Anne said...

Beautiful card design .Love that bow diecut and the slick chic image .
Lucky you thats a great present .
Shirley-Anne

Silli said...

awww, fabulous girl, love the little bow... its so cute! Fabby gf!

Sasha said...

Your card looks fabulous, Mary. I love the colours!
Thank you for the info on your light box. Over the past week I haven't been able to take any photo's, it's been so dull and dreary.

Donna Mosley said...

Wonderful card Mary, love the colours and gorgeous rolled flowers.

Donna x

Christine L said...

Fabulous card Mary... your MIL will love it... and you did make me smile re the randy April comment!! LOL! Obviously it's because of Spring!!

Thanks for the info on the light box... I may well have to treat myself to one!

Hugs
Christine x

Annette Allen said...

oh my your MIL is going to love this...totally gorgeous..

karen said...

Beautiful card Mary J and I love the LO! Looks like a smashing light box, thanks for info, Karenxxx

Tina said...

beautiful beautiful, lovely colors and i just love all these girly images you have been using...very pretty

coops said...

so stunning mary.your colours are fantastic and i love the fun image and fab design.you did make me laugh about `randy april`, lol my sons birthday is in january, hehe :D

xx coops xx

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Mary! I love the image and the lovely bright and cheery colours… the papers and flowers are really scrummy! :-)
Hope you're having a lovely weekend!
Love and hugs
Sue xx

Squirrel x said...

Oh hun, she has something of the Audrey Hepburn about her with those glasses on, just gorgeous! I've been resisting these stamps for so long but I think my NY Resolution might just be to get myself some!! See you are a bad influence, lol Hugs Sxx

heidy said...

What a fabolous card MaryJ ,your mil will love it!!
XXX Heidy

Anonymous said...

Stunning as always Mary! Love the look of your new light box and your craft room looks fab!! Enjoy!
xx

Kathleen said...

Fantastic card, lovvveee the papers, great image too.

Kath x

Maria Therese said...

Fabulous card sweetie ♥ Wishing you a fantastic new year!!

Gibmiss said...

Hi mary j
Fabulous card... Love the papers....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Naomi Johnson said...

ooooh so cute! lovely card as usual hun and I'm very jealous of the light box. Sadly not in my price range at the moment x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Mary! Fab image and papers, such a great layout too. Happy New Year hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh this is such a cute card Mary! :) Beautiful, bright and cheery!

Wishing you a wonderful new year,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Mary, this card is fabulous. Love the beautiful layout and cute image. Hope you have a wonderful new year. Love & hugs... :)

Joy said...

Love all the different elements on this card Mary J... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jingle said...

This is just awesome! You colored her perfectly and the whole thing is just so fun! Thank you for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin